Rowan weather: Sunny and ... achoo!

  • Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:55 a.m.
Rowan weather
Rowan weather

Baby, itís cold outside, but the sun is shining and we should hit 73 today, with some gusty winds up to 21 mph.

Tonight will be about 10 degrees warmer than our low of 35 degrees today, near 46, with clear skies.


Then weíre in for several days of sunshine and warmer temperatures. Make sure to wear sunscreen ó itís not summer yet, but the sun is strong.

Friday should be sunny and 77, with a low of 51; Saturday, repeat of Friday, but the low will be 53. Sunday, same thing, high of 77 and a low around 57, so thereís nothing to complain about but the pollen, which is blowing in the wind. The most active trees are maple, elm and birch, and the forecast is for high pollen through Sunday.

Monday will be mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and a high near 75. You know what they say about rainy days and Mondays. The chance of rain goes up to 60 percent Monday night, with a low of 53.

Tuesday wonít be much of an improvement, with another 60 percent chance of rain and a high near 65. The rain chance decreases to 40 percent Monday night, with a low around 40.

Wednesday looks mostly sunny but cooler, with a high near 62.

Notice about comments:

Salisburypost.com is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Salisburypost.com cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Salisburypost.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.