Town Crier Community Events March 24-30
Monday, March 24
• Lake Norman Regional Medical Center diabetes support group, noon-1 p.m., Charles Mack Citizens Center, Mooresville, 704-660-4859.
• Smart Start Rowan board/executive committee, noon, Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road.
• Red Cross blood drive, 3-7 p.m. at Spencer Presbyterian Church 117 1st St., off Salisbury Ave. across from Transportation Museum Appointments available at www.redcross.org/blood
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Rowan County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force, 5:15 p.m. in Room #203 J Newton Cohen, Sr. Administration Building, 130 W. Innes St. to discuss Community Protocol Document and its effectiveness.
• GriefShare, Monday 6-8 p.m., Central Baptist Church, 1810 Moose Road, Kannapolis. 704-467-2795.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
• DAV Chapter 96, 6 p.m., Bldg. 6 of Salisbury VA. Meal provided for $7 by the DAV Ladies Auxiliary at 5 p.m.
• Psi Chi Chap of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, 6:30 p.m., Rowan Public Library headquarters. 704-639-9936.
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild, 6:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center.
• Kneeling Gardeners, 7 p.m., Trinity UMC, 416 East First St., Kannapolis, 704/933-1127.
Tuesday, March 25
• The Salisbury Rowan Newcomers third annual Game and Card Party, 12:30-3:30 p.m., Salisbury Civic Center. The proceeds benefit Food for Thought.
• Planning Board regular meeting, 4 p.m., City Council Chambers, 217 S. Main St.
• Rowan County Board of Social Services (DSS), 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• Tour D’Cluck: free poultry workshop, 6 p.m., info, demonstrations, Q&A. Hodge Farm 11265 Hwy 801 Mt. Ulla 704-278-2684 for info and RSVP.
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association, 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. email@example.com, www.uwharriecba.org
• Vince Coakley moderates candidate forum for NC GOP senate primary. Free, 7 p.m. Sponsored by Rowan County Tea Party Patriots, held at High Rock Church, West, 710 Jake Alexander Blvd.
Thursday, March 27
• Rowan Redbuds Garden Club, 1 p.m., RPL Stanback Room, note room change. “Return of the Hummingbirds” by Wild Birds Unlimited. 704-637-0928, info firstname.lastname@example.org
• Caring for the Caregiver Alzheimer’s support group, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Rufty Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave. Info Sara Maloney 704-637-3940.
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West, Glenda Edwards, email@example.com
• Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Rowan Brain Injury support group, 7 p.m., at Arc of Rowan, 1918 W. Innes St., info Nadine Cherry 980-622-7732.
• Carolina Historical Association for Metal Detecting, 7:30 p.m., Grace Ridge Club House, 2815 Grace Church Road, 704-310-6321.
Saturday, March 29
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• East Rowan High School’s Relay for life Team vendor fair, East Rowan, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Merchandise plus sausage biscuits and hotdogs. Proceeds benefit Relay for Life. Info at 704-279-5232.
• Woofstock, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Salisbury Civic Center, 315 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., free festival of music, dogs, demonstrations. Proceeds go to City of Salisbury Dog park.
• Find local arts & enter-tainment events in the March 20 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose Entertainment>Time Out>Roundabout What’s Happening]
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm events before attending.