Laundromat fire extinguished quickly

  • Posted: Saturday, March 8, 2014 4:49 p.m.
    UPDATED: Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:21 p.m.

A fire was reported at Campbell’s Coin Laundry, located at 724 Jake Alexander Blvd. West, around 12:27 p.m. today.

The fire started in a dryer and was extinguished quickly. The first company of fire fighters who arrived put it out using a fire extinguisher.


Two dryers were damaged, and there was some smoke damage in the business and the business next door.

According to Salisbury Fire Department Battalion Chief Mark Thompson, there were no injuries.

Notice about comments:

Salisburypost.com is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Salisburypost.com cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Salisburypost.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.