Town Crier Community Events Feb. 3-9
Today, Feb. 3
• Tourism Master Plan Committee, noon, Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St..
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 3 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 3:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church St., SE, Concord.
• HPC Committee meeting 3:30 p.m. in the One Stop Conference Room located at 132 N. Main St.
• Covenant Community Connection, 5 p.m. City Office Building, 132 N. Main St., 2nd Floor, 704-638-5217, email@example.com, www.srhrc.org
• East Spencer Board of Aldermen, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall, 105 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Kannapolis History Associates — 7 p.m., ‘Kannapolis 1941 Part 2.’ Film depicts African-American experience growing up in Kannapolis during Jim Crow Era. AL Brown High School’s social room, park East of Trinity Church.
• Historic Gold Hill and Mines Foundation annual meeting, 7 p.m., Russell-Rufty Memorial Shelter; doors open 6 p.m., social hour follows with refreshments. Public invited, reservations not required. www.HistoricGoldHill.com
• Landis Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 312 S. Main St., Landis.
• Cleveland Town Board of Commissioners, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 302 E. Main St.
• Granite Quarry Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Municipal Building, 143 N. Salisbury Ave., Granite Quarry.
• Harold B. Jarrett American Legion, dinner 7 p.m., meeting follows meal.
Tuesday, Feb. 4
• Dixonville Cemetery Memorial Task Force meets with neighborhood, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., activity room First Calvary Baptist, 400 S. Long St., to report updates on improvement plan and discuss March 7 tentative event. Light lunch provided.
• Rowan Parkinson’s support group, 1 p.m., First Presbyterian Church Education Building, Fisher St. 704-633-3181.
• Diabetes afternoon support group, 2-3 p.m., Education Resource Center, Clay Classroom. Free. 704-210-5771.
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St. (Shown on Access16 Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays at 9 a.m., 3 p.m., 8 p.m.)
• Rowan County Veteran Council, 6:30 p.m., for location call Homer 704-636-5688.?
• China Grove Town Board, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 333 N. Main St., China Grove
• Bariatric support group, 7-8 p.m., RRMC classroom A2A. Suzie Dinse, RN, 704-210-5474.
Wednesday, Feb. 5
• Salisbury Rowan County Convention & Visitors Bureau SRCVB Master Plan Committee, noon, Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
• Home Instead Alzheimer’s family support group, 12:15-1:15 p.m., Home Instead Senior Care, 1839 Jake Alexander Blvd. W, Suite A., 704-636-2010, www.homeinstead.com
• Salisbury Community Appearance Commission, 4 p.m., Council Chamber at 217 S. Main St.
• Monthly Wednesday meal, 5:30-until, Mt. Zion United Church of Christ, 1415 S. Main St., $8, takeout available.
Thursday, Feb. 6
• Salisbury Rowan County Convention & Visitors Bureau SRCVB Destination Marketing Committee, 10 a.m., Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St.
• 134th Livingstone College Founder’s Day Convocation, 10 a.m., Varick Auditorium, with guest speaker Dr. Joe Leonard Jr.
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West, Glenda Edwards 828-310-8491, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Surviving Stroke support group, 6:15-7:45, Imaging & Physical Rehabilitation Center, Rowan Regional Julian Road Medical Park. Free. 704-210-6918.
• Andrew Jackson Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Kennedy Hall American Legion Post 106 Cleveland, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• CCGOP monthly meeting 6:30 p.m., Troutman’s BBQ, 1388 Warren Coleman Blvd. with Shawn Pattison, Reg. Dir. Concerned Veterans for America. Also meet new Chair Donna Higgs, Vice-Chair Lanny Lancaster. Dinner $10/plate, do not have to purchase dinner to attend.
• Eureka Lodge 45, 7 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. 704-636-3267 or 704-798-2032.
Friday, Feb. 7
• Bluegrass jam, 7-9 p.m., for acoustic musicians, E H Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
Saturday, Feb. 8
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• Anti-bullying workshop with Rev. Bill Moody, 1 p.m., First Calvary Baptist, 400 S. Long St., free, open to the public. Rev. Dr. Barbara Hart workshop coordinator, 704-633-7907, email@example.com
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm events before attending.
• Find local arts & entertainment events in the Jan. 30 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose Entertainment>Time Out>Roundabout What’s Happening Jan. 30-Feb. 5]