Need help with kids’ gifts? Christmas Happiness application make-up dates set
Applications for Christmas Happiness will be taken Dec. 2-6 at the Salvation Army, 620 Bringle Ferry Road.
The fund provides $30 vouchers to buy gifts for children in families that qualify. It is for Rowan County residents only.
Applications were taken earlier this fall through the Christmas Bureau, which handled requests for several agencies. This new Christmas Happiness application period is for families who have been burned out of their homes or face some other emergency situation.
Applicants are not allowed to bring children with them to apply. They must present these records:
• A current North Carolina photo ID or driver’s license.
• Proof of residency for everyone in the household (lease, bill, Medicaid cards, school records, etc.); must contain name and address.
• Birth certificates for all children 12 and under.
• Proof of all income and expenses.
• Unemployment and food stamp verification letter.
• Custody papers if guardian.
The Salvation Army will take applications 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. next Monday through Thursday, Dec. 2-5; and 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 6.