Whicker-Foreman Couple Married
Published Thursday, November 7, 2013
Erika Leann Whicker, formerly of Farmington and Scott Willson Foreman of Mooresville were united in marriage at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31 at The Arbors in Cleveland. The Rev. Roger Kimball and Bishop Sam Gray officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Dr. Michael and Vickie Whicker of McDonough, Ga., formerly of Farmington. The bride is a graduate of Davie High School and Mars Hills University. She is employed by BB&T in Mooresville.
The groom is the son of Scott and Eileen Foreman of Mayfield Village, Ohio. Grandmothers of the groom are Eileen O’Brien and Nancy Foreman. The groom is a graduate of Lake Catholic High School, Lakeland College and Central Piedmont Community College. He is employed by Pace Offroad in Mooresville.
The bride was escorted by her father and was given in marriage by her parents. The bride chose a gown with a split-front featuring intricately embroidered edge and watermelon color insert with matching sash. The bodice and a-line skirt was adorned with delicate-colored embroidery, as well as the chapel train.
The matron of honor was the bride’s sister, Manda Whicker Woodward of St. Petersburg, Fla. The bridesmaids were Trini Fares of Hendersonville; Ashley Poulter of Taylorsville; Erin Foreman of Mayfield Village, sister of the groom. Junior Bridesmaid was Claire Foreman of Mayfield Village, sister of the groom.
Stephanie Cid-Gerstemeier attended the guest book and distributed programs.
The groom chose his brother, Danny Foreman of Denver, Colo. as his best man. Groomsmen were Michael Foreman of Mayfield Village, brother of the groom; Andrew Crnkovic of Concord, and Zak Whicker of Fuquay Varina, brother of the bride. Usher was Edward Woodward of St. Petersburg, Fla., brother-in-law of the bride. Ring bearer was Tylor Woodward of St. Petersburg, nephew of the bride.
Music was provided by Steve Gray of Advance.
• A reception hosted by the bride’s parents followed the ceremony at The Arbors’ Pavilion.
• On Friday, Aug. 30 a rehearsal dinner was hosted by the groom’s parents at Fusion Bowl. The couple chose this occasion to present their gifts to the bridal party.
• Groosmen held a bachelor dinner for the groom on Aug. 29 at Ducksworth’s in Mooresville.
• A bachelorette party for the bride was hosted by the bridesmaids on June 22 at Hot Springs Resort & Spa in Hot Springs.
• On June 23, a bridal shower was given by Manda Woodward, sister of the bride and matron of honor, and the bride’s mother, Vickie Whicker at Macedonia Moravian Church in Advance.
• On June 8, a shower for the couple was given by Colleen Hansen, Godmother of the groom at Radisson Inn in East Lake, Ohio.
The couple honeymooned on a cruise to the Bahamas. They made their home in Mooresville.