Town Crier Community Events October 28-November 3
Today, Oct. 28
• Lake Norman Regional Medical Center diabetes support group, noon-1 p.m., Charles Mack Citizens Center, Mooresville, 704-660-4859.
• Smart Start Rowan board/executive committee, noon, Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road.
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
• Griefshare, 6-8 p.m., Kannapolis Central Baptist Church, 1810 Moose Road. 704-467-2795.
• DAV Chapter 96, 6 p.m., Bldg. 6 of Salisbury VA. Meal provided for $7 by the DAV Ladies Auxiliary, starting at 5 p.m.
• Psi Chi Chap of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, 6:30 p.m., Rowan Public Library headquarters. 704-639-9936.
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild, 6:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
• Candidate forum at Spencer Woman’s Club, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday Oct. 29: Meet the candidates, light refreshments, at Spencer Woman’s Club building, 100 3rd St., Spencer.
• Forum for Salisbury City Council candidates, 6 p.m., Crystal Lounge, Catawba College. Sponsored by Catawba, Rowan Chamber of Commerce and Salisbury Post.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
Thursday, Oct. 31
• All Hallows’ Eve (Halloween)
• Community Halloween events: see list on www.salisburypost.com under Entertainment: Time Out
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West.
Friday, Nov. 1
• 43rd Gumbo fundraiser, Sacred Heart Catholic Daughters Louisiana Turkey Gumbo, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Sacred Heart Catholic Church Brincefield Hall, 385 Lumen Christi Lane , $8 eat in or take out, free delivery 10 or more. 704-633-9551, 704-798-9829, 704-431-2522.
• Annual Friends of RPL Booksale, Rowan Public Library Headquarters, 201 W. Fisher St.,6-8 p.m. for members only (membership $10 at the door), 704-216-8229, www.rowanpubliclibrary.org
• J.C. Price Post 107 fish fry and hot dog sale, 3 p.m. until, 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. Benefits children and youth programs. For large orders, call John Pharr 704-637-6198.
• Artist Invitational reception to support Lupus — 6-9 p.m. at Cauble Creek Vineyard, free, open to the public. 700 Cauble Creek Farm Road, caublecreekvineyard.com
• Bluegrass jam, 7-9 p.m., open to all acoustic musicians, every Friday. E H Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
• FirstARTS presents Adaskin String Trio with pianist Sally Pinkas, 7:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 217 S. Church St., 704-636-3121
Saturday, Nov. 2
• Annual Friends of RPL Booksale, Rowan Public Library Headquarters, 201 W. Fisher St., 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., 704-216-8229, www.rowanpubliclibrary.org
• Special Children’s Concert, 10 a.m., by Piedmont Prime Time Community Band, GEM Theatre in Kannapolis, 111 W. 1st St., under the direction of new conductor Dr. Laurence Marks. Free. 704-608-2197, www.primetimeband.org
• J.C. Price Post 107 fish fry and hot dog sale continues, noon until. 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. Fundraiser benefits children and youth programs. Large orders, call John Pharr 704-637-6198. Located at 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road, Salisbury.
•Band dance at J.F. Hurley Family YMCA, 7-10 p.m., Older adults dance, live music, $5 each and bring a snack to share. J.F. Hurley Family YMCA, 828 W Jake Alexander Blvd., 704-636-0111.
Sunday, Nov. 3
• Annual Friends of RPL Booksale, Rowan Public Library Headquarters, 201 W. Fisher St., 1-4 p.m., 704-216-8229, www.rowanpubliclibrary.org