Farmers Market hours change next week
The Salisbury Farmers Market will adjust to its winter schedule in October. Please note there will be no Wednesday market starting next week. Saturday-only Farmers Markets start Oct. 5 and continue to Dec. 21. Also note that the starting time for the market will be 9 a.m. to noon. There will be no Salisbury Farmer’s Market on Nov. 30.
Salisbury Farmers Market Manager Harry Agner also has this market update for local shoppers:
• Assorted crafts are available at the market.
• Beautiful cut flowers continue to be plentiful.
• Assorted beef, chicken and pork products are available.
• Local hand-made cheese from Iredell County.
• Goat milk soap for skin problems.
• Handmade custom birdhouses are still a favorite.
• Homemade dog treats are available.
• Home baked goods continue to be a market favorite.
• Some greens are also available, along with other vegetables.
It is important to shop early to get the best selection as some items may be limited. Local growers make a special effort to produce clean and safe produce for their shoppers.
The market is at the corner of South Jackson and West Fisher streets in downtown Salisbury near Rowan Public Library. Go to www.salisburyfarmersmarket.com for more information about the market and its vendors.