Town Crier Community Events Aug. 26-Sept. 1
Today, Aug. 26
• First day of school for RSSS students
• Lake Norman diabetes support group, noon-1 p.m., Charles Mack Citizens Center, Mooresville, 704-660-4859.
• Smart Start Rowan board/executive committee, noon, Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road.
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
• DAV Chapter 96, 6 p.m. Bldg. 6 of Salisbury VA. A meal will be provided for $7 by the DAV Ladies Auxiliary, starting at 5 p.m.
• Psi Chi Chap of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, 6:30 p.m., Rowan Public Library headquarters. 704-639-9936.
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild, 6:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
• Cancelled: Planning Board regular meeting
• Rowan County Board of Social Services, 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association, 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. 704-463-0111, email@example.com, www.uwharriecba.org
• Book Bites Book Club, 6:30 p.m.,South Rowan Public Library, 920 Kimball Road, China Grove.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
Thursday, Aug. 29
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West.
Friday, Aug. 30
• China Grove Farmers Market, 4-7 p.m., China Grove Roller Mill. 308 N. Main St., every Friday
• Heavenly hotdog sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mt. Olivet UMC, 301 Mt. Olivet Road, Concord, 704-782-8846.
• Bluegrass open jam, 7-9 p.m., E. H. Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
• Vendor application deadline for S-R Association of Realtors Home Expo Sept. 27.
Saturday, Aug. 31
• Salisbury Farmers Market – 8 a.m., at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
• Lexington Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-noon, Historic Southern Rail and Freight Depot, 129 Railroad St., Lexington.
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30 a.m., Fairfield Inn, 30330 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis.
•Music on the Mountain with Matthew Weaver and The Edwards, 1-3 p.m., Dunn’s Mountain Nature and History Preserve, Dunn’s Mountain Road. 704 216-7819.
• BeachFest at Rowan County Fairgrounds, The Catalinas, The Time Clark Band, Too Much Sylvia, Atlantic Groove, Holiday Band, Ken Knox and Co., Darrell Harwood, Sugarcreek Reunion. Sponsored by Rowan County Fair Association. Ticket info 704-640-2326, www.rowancountyfair.net
Sunday, Sept. 1
• BeachFest continues at Rowan County Fairgrounds, 704-640-2326, www.rowancountyfair.net