Novant plans to open several new area facilities
SALISBURY — Novant Health plans to open a pediatric medical practice in August in Salisbury, as well as several other new offices in the coming months.
“Novant Health is growing to serve the needs of our community,” spokeswoman Falon Nye said. “We have a strong focus on expanding access to primary care and providing care close to where our patients live and work.”
All new and relocated clinics are accepting new patients, including:
• Novant Health Rowan Pediatrics plans to open Aug. 15.
Located at 530 Corporate Circle Suite 200 off Julian Road, the practice will include Dr. Scott Agbuya and Dr. Ashley Ferguson. Reach the clinic starting Thursday by calling 704-638-1550.
• Novant Health Pinnacle Orthopedic Associates will add two physicians to their practice in August.
Dr. Cullan Reilly, a foot and ankle surgeon, joins the practice from Chicago, and Dr. Michael Getter, a spine surgeon, joins from Statesville. Both physicians will perform surgeries at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Farrington Family Medical Center in Salisbury will move into two new locations opening Sept. 16.
The move will take place between Sept. 11-16 with the goal of providing more access to care, Nye said. The new locations are on Jake Alexander Boulevard, and both offices will bear a new name to reflect the new Novant Health brand, she said.
Novant Health Farrington Family Medicine will move into the former Blockbuster location at 850 Jake Alexander Boulevard, next to Harris Teeter. Providers at this clinic will be Dr. Cecil M. Farrington, nurse practitioner Sylvia Dickerson and physician’s assistant Robert Ruhlman.
The second office, called Novant Health Milestone Family Medicine, will be located at 1035 Lincolnton Road, on the lower level of the building next door to Novant Health Pinnacle Orthopedic Associates on Mitchell Avenue.
Providers will include Dr. Robert McNeil and Dr. David Bearss and three physician’s assistants: Amie Collins, Kim Rogers and Emilee Eden.
The phone number for both clinics will remain 704-637-1123.
Both of these medical offices were arranged through leases. Novant will renovate the original Farrington office, located on Mocksville Avenue across from the hospital, starting in September to serve a variety of functions.
The hospital’s Wound Care Clinic will move from the second floor of the hospital to this location, giving patients easier access to the clinic and parking. The wound care clinic will house new equipment and technology, including a wound vac system and hyperbaric chambers which provide wound healing through the use of high concentrations of oxygen, Nye said.
In addition to the wound care clinic, the following Novant departments will also relocate to the former Farrington building: marketing, community relations, corporate and community wellness, foundation, network development, human resources, risk management, finance and a corporate education center with classrooms.
Many of the departments are currently located in the AHEC building at the hospital, which has become costly to maintain due to the building’s age, Nye said. By moving out of this building, the hospital expects to save $200,000 in operating costs each year, she said.
Other Farrington clinics also recently changed their names to reflect the new Novant Health branding. The hospital has added new providers to these clinics as well, including:
• Novant Health Granite Quarry Internal Medicine & Pediatrics at 115 Brown St. in Granite Quarry. The provider is Dr. David Caron with the addition of nurse practitioner Victoria Snyder in September. Novant plans to build a new office for this practice in Granite Quarry in 2014, Nye said. The phone number is 704-279-1679.
• Novant Health Faith Internal Medicine at 1000 Brown St. in Faith. Providers include Dr. Gary Fink and physician’s assistant Daniel Crowe. The phone number is 704-279-3777.
• Novant Health Kannapolis Family Medicine at 1035 Dale Earnhardt Boulevard in Kannapolis. Providers include Dr. Lester Brown and Dr. Matthew Harrison.
• Dr. Trevor Allison, who previously practiced at Farrington in Salisbury, opened Novant Health Primary Care South Rowan in China Grove. The office, which opened in early June, is located at 307 E. Thom St. The phone number is 704-855-8338.
It shares space with Carolina Women’s Health Associates, where Dr. Holly Stevens provides OB-GYN and women’s care. The phone number for women’s care is 704-855-7611.