Police ID Concord shooting victims

  • Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:45 a.m.

CONCORD — Authorities have identified the people involved in Tuesday shootings that left two dead and one injured.

Sharon Cook Crumitie, 55, and James Luther Blanks, 49, were found dead when officers responded to a Gibson Drive home near downtown Concord to investigate a reported shooting. Timothy Lavaun Crumitie, 47, had been shot but was alive. He was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast.


According to a news release, Timothy Crumitie called 911 around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday and said he and his wife Sharon had been in their garage and were shot by an unknown man.

Crumitie told police that after being shot, he fought with the assailant and was able to take the gun away. He then shot the man, later identified as Blanks.

Police are now investigating to determine whether any connection between Blanks and the Crumities existed prior to the shootings, the news release said.

Notice about comments:

Salisburypost.com is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Salisburypost.com cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Salisburypost.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.