Harold B. Jarrett Auxiliary chooses five for Girls State
The Harold B. Jarrett American Legion Auxiliary Unit 342 is sponsoring five young women to attend the 73rd session of Tar Heel Girls State to be held June 9-15 at Catawba College. The non-partisan program, which takes a hands-on approach to learning how state and local governments function, is offered to rising senior girls in the top third of their class.
Harold B. Jarrett Auxiliary is proud to sponsor the following:
• Cierra Sifford of North Rowan High School is a member of the National Honor Society, Junior Civitan, Key Club and J.F. Hurley YMCA Black Achievers. She is a varsity cheerleader and plays varsity soccer.
• Emma Labovitz attends Salisbury High School, where she plays soccer and volleyball and participates in SGA, Junior Civitan and various activities throughout the community.
• Hannah Sunding of Salisbury High School has achieved the rank of captain in Air Force JROTC and was awarded Miss AFJROTC of 2013. She is a member of Venturing Crew 448.
• Anna Tonseth attends Salisbury High School, where she is a cheerleader and plays softball.
• Samantha Washko of Salisbury High School is an officer in the Writer’s Club, Junior Civitan Club and Spanish Club and is a member of the Salisbury Youth Council. She is a volunteer for the Hendrick Marrow Program and Be the Match Foundation.