Sheriff’s Office arrests one on Most Wanted list
UPDATE: The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest of 32-year-old Rahkeem Quatrawn Smith, of 1600 Jackson St., Kannapolis. Smith was wanted for operation of a social network site by a registered sex offender, and was just recently added to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office Most Wanted List. Smith had an account on Facebook.
Smith was placed in the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office under a $2000 secured bond.
The Sheriff’s Office holds warrants for felony breaking, entering and larceny in connection with the recent break-ins in eastern Rowan County, along the railroad tracks, near Granite Quarry. The Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigative Division obtained warrants on a 19-year-old black male, Bryant Lamar Lane. Lane is last known to have been living on Davis Street, in the Morlan Park area of Salisbury. Anyone with information is asked to call Lt. Chad Moose 704-216-8687, Det. Teresa Haupt 704-216-8702 or Det. Adam Loflin 704-216-8686. Lane was added to the Sheriff’s Most Wanted.
Laneis 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 155 pounds. Lane is also wanted by Salisbury Police.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office has updated its Most Wanted list. The following have been added to the list:
• Jeremy Chad Simmons, 32, is charged with felony financial card theft and fraud in March. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 235 pounds. His last known residence was in Salisbury. He is also wanted in Iredell and Guilford counties.
• John Brian Willams, 48, is charged with obtaining property by false pretenses in November. He is 6-foot-1 and weighs 200 pounds. His last known residence was in Matthews.
• Maurice Boyd Woodward, 49, was charged in February 2007 with possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, sale and delivery of cocaine, and possession of a firearm by a felon. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 170 pounds.
• Jose Antonio Betancourt, 36, was charged in February 2003 with murder. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 170 pounds. His last known residence was in Kannapolis.
• Arturo Sanchez Rosales, 35, is charged with first-degree sex offense and two counts of statutory rape. He is 6 feet tall and weights 265 pounds. His last known residence was in Salisbury.
• Zayur Solorio Pineda, 34, was charged in September 2000 with three counts of trafficking in cocaine and possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 145 pounds. His last known residence was in Yadkinville.
• Debra Veniece Walker, 55, was charged in April 2005 with two counts of trafficking in heroin and two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver a controlled substance. She is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 150 pounds. Her last known residence was in Salisbury.