F&G Moulding fire caused by sparks from a flue pipe and grinder

  • Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:08 a.m.

Fire investigators say sparks from a flue pipe and grinder caused a weekend fire at F&G Moulding that destroyed a storage room with sawdust and other wood products inside.

Fire Marshal Aaron Youngblood said employees at the business, located at 250 Ridenhour Road, off 7th Street Extension and Old Mocksville Road, were using a grinder on a flue pipe. The fire occurred Saturday after 3:30 p.m. and was contained to the storage room. Ridenhour Supply is also located on the property.


The employees were working outside and the sparks caught sawdust that was on the ground on fire. The sawdust traveled underneath the door of the storage room and ignited other wood products that were in the storage building.

Commenting is not allowed on this article.