Today, April 8
• Cancelled: 4 p.m. Zoning Board of Adjustment meeting.
• Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education work session, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Kannapolis Board of Education, 5 p.m., KCS Administrative Offices, 100 Denver St.
• Alzheimer's Family support group, “Dementia Umbrella,” 5-5:45 p.m. workshop/education; 6-7 p.m. care and share support. 704-603-2756. Trinity Oaks.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m., Train Station, 201 S. Main St.
• Multiple Sclerosis self-help support group, 6:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, Jake Alexander Blvd. 704-798-3341, scotton1@ windstream.net
• Rockwell Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 202 E. Main St., Rockwell.
• Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy support group, 7 p.m., RRMC cafeteria conference room, 704-637-1021.
• Chapter 909 of the Vietnam Veterans of America, Concord, 7 p.m., Cabarrus Senior Center, 331 Corban Ave. SE. 704-932-5544, 980-932-5544.
• Rowan County Beekeepers, 7 p.m., Rowan County Agricultural Center, Old Concord Road, email@example.com
• Box office opens for Monty Python's 'Spamalot,' show opens April 18, 213 S. Main St., 704-633-5471, PiedmontPlayers.com
Tuesday, April 9
• Outlook Readers of AAUW, 10:30 a.m., Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road. salisbury-nc.aauw.net
• Salisbury Planning Board, 4 p.m., Council Chambers, City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• Rowan County Board of Health, 6:30 p.m., Rowan County Health Department community room, 1811 E. Innes St.
• Rowan Republican meeting 7 p.m., County Administration Building, 130 W. Innes St. Info at 704-637-0775.
• Faith Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 100 N. Main St., Faith.
• Spencer Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Municipal Building, 600 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer.
• Rowan History Club, 7 p.m., Messinger Room, 202 N. Main St., rear entrance.
• China Grove Town Board, 5 p.m., Town Hall, special one time second Tuesday budget meeting with Town Council meeting to follow at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10
• Salisbury Tourism, Cultural Development Commission, 11 a.m., 204 E. Innes St., Gateway Building.
Thursday, April 11
• Blood drive, 3-6 p.m. April 11, Connextions Inc., 4601 Corporate Drive, Concord.
• Salisbury Historic Preservation Commission, 5:15 p.m., City Council Chambers.
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West.
• Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• American Association of University Women, 6:30 p.m., Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road. Brunetta Franklin, 704-798-2574
• VFW 3006 Post and Ladies Auxiliary election, meal 7 p.m., joint meeting 8 p.m.
• Circle of Hope support group, 7-8:30 p.m. , 2290 Statesville Boulevard. Lori Yang, 704-630-0319.
• Rowan Epilepsy support group, 7 p.m. , FUMC media room, 217 S. Church St., 704-639-0847, firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Embers in concert, 7-9 p.m., Rowan Cabarrus Community College's Literary & Fine Arts 2013 Festival finale, Kannapolis Village Park.
• “How Andy Met Opie's Mother,” 7 p.m., Rowan Public Library, 201 W. Fisher St., by Gary Freeze. Stanback Auditorium, use entrance near Henderson Law Office.
Friday, April 12
• HSF annual meeting, 7 p.m., no charge prospective members welcome, guest speaker preservation architect Joseph K. Oppermann, FAIA.
• HSF Preservation Awards nomination deadline today, nomination forms at www.historicsalisbury.org
Saturday, April 13
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30 a.m., Fairfield Inn, 30330 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis.
• Blood drive, 10 a.m.‑3 p.m., Grace Evangelical Lutheran, 3020 Grace Church Road, Salisbury.
• Salisbury Historic Trolley Tour, 11 a.m., tours begin and end at S-R County Visitor's Center, 204 E. Innes St., 704-638-3100.
• Blood drive, 3-6:30 p.m., AMC Theatres, Concord Mills 24, 8111 Concord Mills Blvd., free movie ticket to all donors.
• Trail Walk at Dunn's Mountain State Park, 11 a.m., meet at restroom building at lower parking lot, weather permitting.
• Books Under the Big Top, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., a celebration of reading, festivities on front lawn, street and parking lot across from RPL Headquarters, free.
• Reptiles and Amphibians: Up Close and Personal, Center For the Environment at Catawba College, 2300 W Innes St., drop in 2-5 p.m.; at 5:30 p.m. Dr. Amanda Chuncospeaks. 704-637-4727, email@example.com
• Astronomical Society, 7:30 p.m., 1920 Deal Road, Mooresville, 704-855-1591.
Sunday, April 14
• Blood drive, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. St. James Lutheran Church Concord, 104 Union St. S.
• Blood drive, noon-2:30 p.m., Bethel AME Zion Church, 2219 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., Kannapolis.
• Hurley Park Spring Celebration, 2-4 p.m., Lake Drive at Annandale Ave., Matthew Weaver and Friends, Grey Seal Puppets, Carriage rides, more. Free refreshments by Cheerwine and Hurley Park, 704-638-4459.
• Salisbury Symphony's “Why Not Play” family concert, 4 p.m., Varick Auditorium, Livingstone College, All-County Fifth Grade Honors Chorus, & After School Strings Students, 704-637-4314, www.salisburysymphony.org