Heating blankets cause Saturday fire at China Grove home

  • Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:28 p.m.
    UPDATED: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:31 a.m.

CHINA GROVE — Investigators determined two heating blankets on a mattress started a Saturday fire at a South Main Street home, the Rowan County Fire Marshall’s Office said Monday.

The couple living at the home were taken to Rowan Regional Medical Center as a precaution for smoke inhalation.

China Grove Fire Chief Jeff Gledhill said the couple briefly tried to fight the fire in the bedroom. When fire crews arrived, smoke was coming from the bedroom windows.

There was fire damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to the rest of the home.

Notice about comments:

Salisburypost.com is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Salisburypost.com cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Salisburypost.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.