Posters, Friday, March 15, 2013
Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• Mt. Calvary Holy Church, 1400 Standish St., fish fry and bake sale fellowship Saturday, March 16, 7 a.m.-2 p.m., for building fund for renovations for the church.
• Massey-Steele Family fish fry, 10:30 a.m. until, Saturday, March 16. 1403 Old Wilkesboro Road, fish sandwiches, hotdogs, sweet potato pie, beverages. Proceeds support the 2013 Massey-Steele family reunion.
• National Quilting Day — 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 16: Salisbury-Rowan Quilters’ Guild celebrates National Quilting Day by working on various projects at the Rowan Public Library headquarters, 201 W. Fisher St. Anyone interested is welcome.
• Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 16, 2-4 p.m., Kennedy Hall American Legion Post 106, Hwy. 801 N. For ages 12 and under. Refreshments. Age-appropriate Easter-egg hunting. Easter bunny on hand for photos.
• Sweet Potato Queens fundraiser, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, March 16: Homemade chicken noodle dinner. $3 for chicken, noodles, slaw, crackers, pickles, drink, dessert. Hotdogs also available. Proceeds go to Relay for Life. Organ Lutheran Church, 1515 Organ Church Road.
• Chicken plate and dessert fundraiser, hotdogs too, March 17 and 24, 12:30-2 p.m., $7. Mt. Tabor Church, 935 Mt. Tabor Church Road, Cleveland. Sponsored by Deacon Board.
• Kannapolis City Council, Special meeting called: 4 p.m., Monday, March 18, Kannapolis Train Station Conference Room.