SALISBURY — A Salisbury man and woman were arrested Thursday in connection with a string of break-ins and thefts in December and January.
Haley Nicole Dial, 21, of Statesville Boulevard, was charged with nine counts of felony breaking and entering, seven counts of felony larceny one count of failure to appear or comply and one count of resisting a public officer.
Jeremy Eugene Motley, 22, listed at the same address on Statesville Boulevard, was charged with eight counts of felony breaking and entering and seven counts of felony larceny.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office says Motley and Dial broke into several homes, including ones on:
• Goodman Lake Road in Salisbury.
• Old Union Church Road in Salisbury. They’re accused of stealing a satellite receiver, assorted jewelry and a DVD player with a total estimated value of $1,300.
• Shuping Mill Road in Rockwell. They are accused of stealing prescription drugs, cash, gift card, assorted Cracker Barrel toys and clothes. The property has a total estimated value of $985.
• Starnes Road in Salisbury. They’re accused of stealing four packs of chewing tobacco estimated to be worth $20.
• Jack Brown Road in Salisbury. They’re accused of stealing a jewelry box and several items of jewelry with a total estimated value of $955.
The two were taken to Rowan County Detention Center. Dial was given a $25,270 bond, and Motley was given a $25,000 bond. The sheriff’s office says others may have been involved and its investigation is still ongoing.