Posters, Thursday, March 7
Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• The 2013 Black History Workshop today, Thursday March 7 through Friday, March 8 at Life Giving Church of God, 324 Spring St. NW, Concord. Registration begins 6 p.m., workshop activities begin 6:30 p.m. Information/registration 704-488-2583 or 704-425-7635.
• Port-a-Pit chicken dinners Friday, March 8, 1400 W. Bank St. (beside Hall’s Gym) 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Plates $8. Information: 704-640-6993 or 704-232-5201. Sponsored by the Steppin’ Out Social Club.
• Fish and chicken dinner sale, 11 a.m.-until, Friday, March 8, Ardis Chapel AME Zion Church, 1940 Old Mocksville Road. Plates $8.
• Soup Supper, 4-8 p.m., Friday, March 8, eat-in or take-out, $5 per person. Eastwood Baptist Church, 320 Cook St., Kannapolis, 704-933-8326.
• The House of Shiloh Fellowship Church, Albemarle, hosts Bishop Chris Brown of Whosoever Will Let Them Come Ministries of Spencer, 7 p.m., Friday, March 8. Information 704-633-3876 or email@example.com
• Rowan County Democrats annual precinct meetings through March 16, all registered Democrats welcome to participate, call Rowan County Board of Elections 704-216-8140 to learn your precinct and find when your precinct meets by contacting Rowan County Democratic Chair Veleria Levy, 704-293-3504, firstname.lastname@example.org , www.ncdp.org/local/county-party. Meetings of the Rowan Democrats are fourth Thursdays.
• Women In Progress spaghetti dinner Friday, March 8. Plates include spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. City Park building, 316 Lake Drive, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., $5. Delivery for five or more orders. Plates can be bought day of event or in advance. For advance tickets or other information, contact Melissa, 704-754-1813.