Firefighters respond to Edmiston Road fire, cause unconfirmed

  • Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:53 a.m.

Area fire agencies responded to a Saturday morning fire that officials believe originated in a laundry room.

The fire occurred Saturday at 10:45 a.m. at 280 Edmiston Road, listed on the Cabarrus Chamber of Commerce as Boyd Farms.


Rowan County Fire Marshal Aaron Youngblood said the fire began in a back room that was used as a laundry area. Officials believe the fire started in a dryer, but they have not confirmed the cause.

Commenting is not allowed on this article.