Firefighters respond to Edmiston Road fire, cause unconfirmed

  • Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:53 a.m.

Area fire agencies responded to a Saturday morning fire that officials believe originated in a laundry room.

The fire occurred Saturday at 10:45 a.m. at 280 Edmiston Road, listed on the Cabarrus Chamber of Commerce as Boyd Farms.


Rowan County Fire Marshal Aaron Youngblood said the fire began in a back room that was used as a laundry area. Officials believe the fire started in a dryer, but they have not confirmed the cause.

Notice about comments:

Salisburypost.com is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Salisburypost.com cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Salisburypost.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.