R3 Center workshops in March
KANNAPOLIS — The R3 Center is offering career development workshops and resume clinics in March for adults in Rowan and Cabarrus counties. All of the programs are free.
Located at 200 West Ave., the R3 Center is a career development center established by Rowan-Cabarrus Community College to assist displaced workers, those who are unemployed or under-employed.
RCCC has received a $301,539 grant from the North Carolina Department of Commerce in support of the NC Back-to-Work initiative. The program will focus on providing job training and retraining to long-term unemployed citizens of North Carolina.
RCCC will leverage the grant to provide short-term training leading to stackable credentials and certifications including Career Readiness and third-party technical certifications. Participants will also work with career coaches to determine a realistic career plan for entry-level employment.
The center’s March schedule includes the following sessions. Due to the popularity of its free sessions, the R3 Center strongly encourages clients to call in advance to reserve a place (704-216-7201).
New Client Launch is an orientation workshop for persons who have never attended an R3 Center workshop or taken advantage of its other services. New Client Launches will be offered on Monday, March 11 and Friday, March 22 at 9 a.m.; and Monday, March 11, 18 and 25 at 6 p.m.; and Tuesday, March 26 at 11 a.m.
The calendar also includes the following workshops:
• Identifying Your Career Options – 9 a.m., March 15; 2 p.m., March 26;
• Interview Techniques – 11 a.m. on March 25, 2 p.m. on March 13, and 6 p.m. on March 26;
• Networking Methods – 11 a.m., March 20 and 28;
• Stand Out from the Competition – 9 a.m. on March 27 and 6 p.m. on March 19;
• Looking for Work at 50+ – 6 p.m. on March 12 and 9 a.m. on March 28;
• Looking for Work with a Criminal Record –11 a.m. on March 13;
• Letter Writing for the Job Seeker – 11 a.m. on March 12;
• Online Job Hunting – 11 a.m. on March 21;
• Administrative Professional Careers – 9 a.m. on March 18;
• Careers in Commercial Construction – 9 a.m. on March 19.
The R3 Center also will offer multiple resume clinics to help job searchers improve their resume or create a new one from start to finish. Please call to reserve a seat. The resume clinics are scheduled for: 9 a.m. on March 12; 11 a.m. on March 27; 2 p.m. on March 21.
All center services are provided free-of-charge. The center’s normal office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information about the R3 Center and its services and programs, please call 704-216-7201, or visit the center’s website at www.rccc.edu/r3center/.