Sparks from metal grinding caused Linda Avenue shed fire

  • Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 1:17 a.m.

CHINA GROVE — Fire officials confirmed sparks from ground metal caused a Tuesday morning fire inside a shed at Linda Avenue. The utility shed was located behind a home at 111 Linda Ave., not far from Enochville Elementary School.

Rowan County Fire Marshal Aaron Youngblood said the sparks from where the homeowner was grinding metal flew into a nearby box of Christmas yard ornaments.


The sparks ignited the ornaments, causing a fire.

The shed, made of wood, and covered in aluminum siding, contained lawn equipment and tools. The homeowner, Michael Isbell, was at home at the time of the fire and was able to remove his dog, whose pen was near the shed. Fire crews dispatched to the fire shortly before 11 a.m., were able to extinguish the fire within minutes.

Notice about comments:

Salisburypost.com is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. Salisburypost.com cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Salisburypost.com. If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.