Sparks from metal grinding caused Linda Avenue shed fire
CHINA GROVE — Fire officials confirmed sparks from ground metal caused a Tuesday morning fire inside a shed at Linda Avenue. The utility shed was located behind a home at 111 Linda Ave., not far from Enochville Elementary School.
Rowan County Fire Marshal Aaron Youngblood said the sparks from where the homeowner was grinding metal flew into a nearby box of Christmas yard ornaments.
The sparks ignited the ornaments, causing a fire.
The shed, made of wood, and covered in aluminum siding, contained lawn equipment and tools. The homeowner, Michael Isbell, was at home at the time of the fire and was able to remove his dog, whose pen was near the shed. Fire crews dispatched to the fire shortly before 11 a.m., were able to extinguish the fire within minutes.