Posters Jan. 9
Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• Health Fair at J. F. Hurley Family YMCA, today, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., 828 Jake Alexander Blvd West. Cream of potato/salad lunch for sale, take out or dine in.
• Meeting cancelled: Pearl White Chapter of Eastern Star will not meet tomorrow, Jan. 10. For information call 704-213-6963.
• The Public Art Committee will meet Thursday, Jan. 10, at 8:30 am in the Plaza meeting room.
• Piedmont Prime Time Community Band spring season Thursday rehearsals begin Jan. 10, 7 p.m., musicians needed, Jon Hutchinson, 704-425-3508, www.primetimeband.org
• Moore’s Chapel AME Zion barbecue chicken dinners, Friday-Saturday, Jan. 11-12, 11 a.m. until, $7, proceeds to help church family victims of house fire, 5890 S. River Church Road, Cleveland.
• Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast Saturday, Jan. 12, 7:30-10 a.m., Applebee’s, 205 Faith Road, Salisbury. $7 per person. Supports Faith Civitan Club and Faith Youth Initiative.