Spencer aldermen to consider chronic violator draft ordinance
SPENCER — Aldermen in Spencer will consider the draft of a new ordinance that would deal with chronic offenders of the town code.
The Board of Aldermen will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall.
The agenda also includes:
• Fire Department pagers
• Authorizing the town to apply for a state grant that would pay to implement parts of the Spencer Woods Master Plan, including parking improvements, benches, bridges and an outdoor classroom.
The grant would come from the N.C. Parks and Recreation Trust Fund, which has already awarded the town $200,000 to buy Spencer Woods from the LandTrust for Central North Carolina, which saved the 42-acre forest from clear cutting last year.
• Town Manager Larry Smith’s report
• Mayor Jody Everhart’s report
• Reports from department heads
• Public comment
• Annual certification of the firefighter roster