Crime blotter: Man charged with DWI, drug possession
The Rowan County Sheriff's Office reported that while conducting a traffic stop at 299 U.S. 29 and East Ketchie Street in China Grove, Anthony Laronn Davis was arrested and charged with driving while impaired and possession of a controlled substance.
In other Sheriff's Office reports:
- Rhonda Sellers Upright reported on June 19 a larency from a motor vehicle at 430 Cooper Road.
- Robert Lester Hall reported June 19 someone used a hammer to break into a safe door at 2118 S. Main St.
- Adam John Herrin reported on June 19 someone stole a scooter from his residence at 236 Kay St., China Grove.- Kendra Deal Owens reported June 22 that a suspect attempted to break into residence during daytime by prying on back door of residence at 250 Lentz Road.
- Alan Shawn Wood reported June 22 a burglary at 340 Catfish Road.
- Burton Mechanical reported June 22 that vehicles parked on the property located at 5240 U.S. Hwy. 601 were damaged during the weekend.
- Todd Allen Parks reported June 22 that his vehicle had been entered and items were stolen at 1920 London Road.
- Starship Engineering reported June 22 that a company vehicle was vandalized at the business overnight at 5350 U.S. Hwy. 601.
- David Howard Holloway reported June 22 that the windows were busted out of a Ford Aerostar van at 260 Foxrun Road.
- Chad Shaver reported June 22 that a weedeater and water cooler were stolen from 14440 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland.
- Gary Wayne Baldwin reported June 22 that post and rails was taken from yard area at 1387 Meadowcreek Dr., China Grove.
- William Gerald Smith, 48, was charged June 22 of driving while impaired at 1450 N. Long St.
- Wanda Carol Robinson, 43, was charged June 22 of communicating threats at 525 Crystal Lane, Kannapolis.
- Bridgett Diana Freeman, 34, was charged June 22 of assault by strangulation at 232 N. Main St.
- Savanna Wendell Yates, 22, was charged June 22 of simple assault at 601 Florence Ave., Kannapolis.
- Desiree Nicole Goodman, 24, was charged June 22 of communicating threats at 2019 Rollingwood Dr., Kannapolis.
- David Ray Goodman, 25, was charged June 22 of communicating threats at 2019 Rollingwood Dr., Kannapolis.
- Donald Kris Furr, 46, was charged June 22 of communicating threats at 2019 Rollingwood Dr., Kannapolis.
- William Gerald Smith, 49, was charged June 22 of driving while impaired at 1451 N. Long St.
Anyone with information about any of these cases is asked to contact the Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.