- Friday, August 22, 2014 6:26 a.m.
N.C. Sierra Club response to final passage of S 729, Coal Ash Management Act:
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:32 a.m.
“Voters born elsewhere make up nearly half of N.C. electorate.”
- Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:20 a.m.
RALEIGH — I’m told that while there is no firmly established gift tradition for a 28th anniversary, the modern practice is to...
- Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:17 a.m.
WASHINGTON — We Americans are marvelously inventive when it comes to dealing with our piques.
Seven summers ago, I noticed on the Kannapolis City Schools website that our high school needed English teachers. For some...
- Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:01 a.m.
I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true.
- Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:03 a.m.
At last, an Obama administration official has come out in favor of a fence. He promises it will bring security to people on both...
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:23 a.m.
Here we go again. Same stuff, different day. Deja vu all over again.
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:20 a.m.
RALEIGH — Behind every state lottery dollar that goes to education is a loser.
- Monday, July 14, 2014 1:12 a.m.
Recently, I have been thinking about time. Maybe I am mellowing, or maybe it is time to reflect on what my time means to me in...
- Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:23 a.m.
Something big happened.
- Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:11 a.m.
The Harvard Business Review shook the ground a few years ago with an article that pointed out that corporations appoint people to...
- Friday, July 11, 2014 12:25 a.m.
RALEIGH — The next time you see or hear a politician, policy analyst, activist or journalist say that North Carolina’s...
- Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:31 a.m.
Just two pages into the book “Unbroken,” its protagonist is in the water, hiding beneath the deteriorating life raft in which he...
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:12 a.m.
The cab driver taking me to the Washington Nationals baseball game on July 4 is from Bangladesh. I ask him how he got here. He...
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:54 a.m.
‘You see him and ask: ‘Why is the statue still here? What was it he actually stood for?’ This is the kind of debate that a public...