By Richard Saunders
- Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:13 a.m.
When I was a young boy growing up in Buffalo, N.Y., my parents would go to church every Sunday. Afterwards, they liked to go to a...
- Sunday, November 10, 2013 12:43 a.m.
Covering politicians as a journalist has one thing in common with playing golf. The central premise of both is that you must play...
By Bill Bucher Jr.
For the Salisbury Post
- Saturday, November 9, 2013 11:00 p.m.
It was a “thank you” over 68 years in the making, but it was well worth it.
- Saturday, November 9, 2013 12:12 a.m.
What’s the shelf life for a family? How long does it last?
- Friday, November 8, 2013 12:03 a.m.
As if the NFL didn’t have enough problems with head injuries and an increasing public awareness about how dangerous its...
- Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:16 a.m.
The Supreme Court will hear arguments this week about prayers in public life, this latest deliberation revolving around a case...
- Monday, November 4, 2013 12:16 a.m.
I am disappointed with the people who are not really thinking about what happened in Congress the past few weeks.
- Sunday, November 3, 2013 12:38 p.m.
Last summer, Professor Nathan Phillips of Boston University and teammates equipped a car with a new-to-market natural gas...
By Karen South Jones
For the Salisbury Post
- Saturday, November 2, 2013 12:25 a.m.
I imagine most everyone has either seen or heard about the movie, “The Blind Side.”
- Saturday, November 2, 2013 12:01 a.m.
Have you ever made a decision you felt sure was right, only to end up wondering later: What was I thinking?
- Friday, November 1, 2013 12:13 a.m.
During the mid-century Red Scare, J. Edgar Hoover’s agents zeroed in countless groups that called themselves...
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:09 a.m.
“Bye Bye Birdie” is an old musical that survives in high school productions and in some people’s memory...
- Monday, October 28, 2013 12:04 a.m.
RALEIGH — From Senate leader Phil Berger’s vantage point, the likelihood of a lawsuit probably comes as no surprise.
- Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:35 a.m.
I don’t know which has been more surprising, the announcement that the Post’s owner is seeking a buyer for the...
- Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:18 a.m.
By nature and general cowardice, I’m not much of a thrill seeker. I have no desire to sky dive, go bungee-jumping or...
- Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:21 a.m.
At a cabin on a lake in the mountains, where I’m supposed to be working hard on a book, I spend a lot of time watching...