- Monday, October 20, 2014 11:14 a.m.
I am a person of hope, not wishful thinking. I remember my past, the good and the bad, events, accomplishments, sadness, joys,...
- Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:52 a.m.
With three weeks to go, a lot of prognostication is going on in the political analysis universe. Some analysts like to attach...
- Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:27 a.m.
The parking lot outside Catawba College’s Ketner Hall was packed Thursday night — mostly because of night classes but also...
The quality of life for our citizens has deteriorated over the past few years, and disaster is a surety if we do not change.
- Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:54 a.m.
Some people I know refuse to watch the news or read the papers these days, and who can blame them? The headlines are depressing...
Daily reports and statistics on the worsening Ebola crisis no longer shock us. An Ebola patient dies in Dallas and a nurse who...
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:32 a.m.
What was the greatest political upset in North Carolina political history?
- Monday, October 13, 2014 12:12 a.m.
American history is rich in stories of how one single vote makes a difference in an election.
- Sunday, October 12, 2014 12:14 a.m.
It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.
- Friday, October 10, 2014 6:16 p.m.
Combine one introverted newspaper editor with five hyperactive Cub Scouts, and what do you get?
- Friday, October 10, 2014 1:02 a.m.
From the Talking About Politics blog, Gary Pearce on the Tea Party vote:
- Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:57 a.m.
Our topic du jour: the latest stunning milestone in the march toward gay equality.
Quick: Which president did Abraham Lincoln most admire? The answer may surprise you.
- Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:47 a.m.
RALEIGH – You might be a North Carolina voter if...
- Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:48 a.m.
Officials with Daimler Trucks North America told the Post last week that they were having trouble filling some 300 positions at...
- Monday, October 6, 2014 12:44 a.m.
It seems today we are constantly bombarded by the media, politicians, scholars and other pundits, that we are “War Weary” as a...