- Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:25 a.m.
Two weeks ago I asked (county commissioners) for details regarding the purchase of the Salisbury Mall property; today, I express...
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:23 a.m.
“Black Friday” was a metaphor beyond the merchants’ bottom line.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:09 a.m.
Public matters & personal agendas
- Monday, December 2, 2013 12:13 a.m.
As a lifelong Christian, raised in the home of my Baptist-minister grandfather, baptized by my own choice at the age of 8, and...
- Friday, November 29, 2013 12:23 a.m.
At the age of 14, I was a freshman at Landis High School, and was assigned to give a speech in support of John Fitzgerald Kennedy...
- Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:05 a.m.
The 2013 Rowan County “Raised here stays here” campaign was a huge success!
- Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:12 a.m.
I was disgusted by the mass slaughter of ducks and geese at Rowan Memorial Park cemetery. As children, we went to feed the ducks,...
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:29 a.m.
As a member of the Rowan County Bar Association, I wholeheartedly endorse the resolution recently passed opposing moving county...
- Monday, November 25, 2013 12:05 a.m.
Local issues offer little cause for encouragement
- Saturday, November 23, 2013 12:22 a.m.
Please, can someone tell me or explain exactly what happened, why and who gave the OK to club to death and shoot these gentle...
- Friday, November 22, 2013 6:38 a.m.
Concerning mall and 329 S. Main St.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:53 a.m.
I looked out my kitchen window this morning, half expecting to see Jeff Krimminger walk up as he has for the past three years.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:34 a.m.
Recently we in Rowan County seem to disagree among ourselves about a variety of issues. While each of us wants what is best for...
- Monday, November 18, 2013 8:37 p.m.
Attracting ‘best and brightest’
- Monday, November 18, 2013 12:43 a.m.
N.C. law ensures city audits count
- Friday, November 15, 2013 11:41 p.m.
Why stay tied to downtown site?