- Friday, April 18, 2014 1:01 a.m.
SALISBURY — Odessa Diggs’ 1953 Chevrolet always was stubborn to start, and thank goodness for that.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:38 a.m.
SALISBURY — February is a contrary month. It hits us with ice and snow, then blows in a couple of tropical days in the 70s.
GRANITE QUARRY — Could the next Music City be Granite Quarry?
GRANITE QUARRY — Town department heads shared things on their capital improvements wish list Friday — requests...
- Friday, February 21, 2014 12:18 a.m.
GOLD HILL — At lunchtime March 7, the folks at Carolina Stalite will hold a unique raffle.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:59 p.m.
SPENCER — On a normal afternoon after classes at Salisbury High School, Christian Cabrera would be gearing up for his nightly Tae...
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:05 a.m.
SALISBURY — It’s not something a lot of people know, but the Rowan County Courthouse has a Child Care Center.
SALISBURY — Glenn and Beth Dixon bought one of Salisbury’s most historic houses Friday when they signed closing documents on the...
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:57 p.m.
SALISBURY — Mary Miller James is Salisbury’s unofficial Queen of Hearts.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:59 p.m.
SALISBURY — It started with a blind date during wartime. Six weeks later Dot and Charlie were married.
SPENCER — While snowbound folks might have been spending their Wednesday afternoon flipping through television channels, Barry...
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:05 a.m.
SALISBURY — When Dr. Henry B. Waiters arrived at Scott Air Force Base in 1949, he was a young Southerner fresh out of basic...
- Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:51 a.m.
SALISBURY — Willie Shaver cuts a sharp image in his black cowboy hat, bolo tie, vest and pointed boots.
- Friday, February 7, 2014 1:02 a.m.
SALISBURY — Let’s say this up front: Spenser is not your ordinary cat.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:39 a.m.
SALISBURY — A lot of Willie Edley Jr.'s friends looked twice at their television screens on New Year's Day as they were...
- Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:51 a.m.
MOCKSVILLE — Betty Schaller smiles a little when you mention the recent cold wave and the paralyzing effect of an inch or two of...