By Bill Ward
For the Salisbury Post
- Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:03 a.m.
The time is near for the annual Lincoln-Reagan dinner (March 11) to be held by the Rowan County Republican Party. And once again...
- Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:02 a.m.
In a recent column I told of my frustrations as I tried to help a struggling friend with a toothache find a dentist. I shared my...
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:35 a.m.
Laurels to Read Across America Day, celebrated last Monday in this community and across the nation. Many of us...
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:20 a.m.
Friday morning I was awakened by the snap of falling trees and ice pellets falling and both local TV stations broadcasting...
By Steve Paul
The Kansas City Star
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:17 a.m.
As many as 300,000 West Virginians are still wondering whether it’s safe to drink the water more than a month after the local...
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:14 a.m.
There was a time when I loved to talk on the phone. That time is long past, but I remember it.
- Friday, March 7, 2014 12:22 a.m.
“None of us is as smart as all of us.”
- Friday, March 7, 2014 12:12 a.m.
After reading letters from a couple of liberal veterans spreading canards about Senator Burr, maybe it’s time to hear an account...
By Peter Goldmark
- Friday, March 7, 2014 12:08 a.m.
I keep asking myself why America is stuck. We can’t seem to get anything serious done.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:32 a.m.
Along with Salisbury, N.C., there’s a Salisbury, Md., a Salisbury, Alaska, a Salisbury, Mo., and a Salisbury, N.Y. In fact, we’re...
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:15 a.m.
Regarding discussions about changes in county concealed-carry regulations:
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:11 a.m.
In a week that swept us from the made-for-Hollywood uncertainty of Oscar night to real-world uncertainty of Russia’s...
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:29 a.m.
Congratulations to Livingstone College’s Blue Bears on capturing the institution’s first CIAA men’s basketball championship.
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:16 a.m.
I just returned from China Sunday. It was my 10th trip there in the past two years. I was going to return and inform local...
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:25 a.m.
As county officials move toward relaxing local gun laws to conform with state changes, they need to shoot straight with citizens...
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:18 a.m.
Regarding the situation with motorists talking and texting on cell phones while driving, not only is there a problem with cell...