- Saturday, December 7, 2013 1:00 a.m.
SALISBURY — About 30 years ago, David Harrison and a friend were drinking beers in a bar one night when the friend ran out of...
- Friday, December 6, 2013 12:15 a.m.
SALISBURY — On the surface, Chelsea DiLoreto’s story is that of a missionary.
SALISBURY — Terry Osborne could not let the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s funeral pass without...
- Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:07 p.m.
SALISBURY — Jesse and Minnie Byrd somehow found a way.
WOODLEAF — Before church Sunday, Frankie Taylor had to leave her house on Wetmore Road for a scheduled radiation treatment.
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:36 a.m.
GOLD HILL — On her Martha White-sponsored tour bus, bluegrass star Rhonda Vincent waited for a reaction.
- Friday, November 22, 2013 12:52 a.m.
SALISBURY — The decision was made not to turn on Salisbury’s downtown Christmas lights that evening, a Friday.
- Friday, November 15, 2013 11:41 p.m.
SALISBURY — The Rev. Paul Jones Sr. likes to say that without a shepherd, people take to wandering.
SALISBURY — Friday’s final meeting of the 2014 Rowan County United Way campaign could be summed up by a snip, a rip...
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:00 a.m.
Here are direct quotes taken from Army Lt. Alvin Anderson’s letters to his wife, Faye, as he waited out the end of the...
Last in a series.
- Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:00 p.m.
From September through the early part of November 1944, Lt. Alvin Anderson served with the 112th Infantry Regiment as a weapons...
Fourth in a series
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:01 a.m.
Between January 1943 and August 1944, Alvin and Faye Anderson were able to spend time together back in the States.
Third in a series.