Plenty of vendors will be out for Pops at Post
SALISBURY — Vendors will be back in force this year at Pops at the Post — including the customary free Cheerwine and Diet Cheerwine donated by one of this year’s sponsors.
City employee Audrey Eudy, on the Pops committee and Fibrant salesperson for Salisbury, said while the vendors will be fewer this year, there will still be plenty of quality and variety.
All the vendors will be set up on Fisher Street in front of the Rowan Public Library.
Included on the roster are:
• The Cheerwine trailer, serving up all the free Cheerwine and Diet Cheerwine concert-goers can drink.
• Dolce Italian Ice, owned by Jason Slusser. He will sell Italian ice and water.
• Papa John’s will be selling whole pizzas and pizza by the slice. You can also get drinks here.
• Scoggins’ Farms Ice Cream, formerly Mama’s Old Fashioned Ice Cream, will be selling ice cream, shaved ice, cotton candy and water.
• Herman Kesler will be present, selling the famous Hap’s hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks and fixings.
• If meat is your game, Meat on a Stick Grill will be serving up pork and chicken skewers, grilled corn on the cob and drinks.
• Castaways/Bite My Butt BBQ — an interesting combination, but owned by the same folks — will serve shrimp skewers, barbecue and all the fancy fixings.
Last week, Eudy was still trying to get a confirmation on a man selling funnel cakes, but if you see him out there, those sweet, plate-sized confections will delight all the little ones.
For more on where the vendors will be located, see the full-color map on pages 10 and 11.