Police ID Concord shooting victims
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, July 3, 2013
CONCORD — Authorities have identified the people involved in Tuesday shootings that left two dead and one injured.
Sharon Cook Crumitie, 55, and James Luther Blanks, 49, were found dead when officers responded to a Gibson Drive home near downtown Concord to investigate a reported shooting. Timothy Lavaun Crumitie, 47, had been shot but was alive. He was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast.
According to a news release, Timothy Crumitie called 911 around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday and said he and his wife Sharon had been in their garage and were shot by an unknown man.
Crumitie told police that after being shot, he fought with the assailant and was able to take the gun away. He then shot the man, later identified as Blanks.
Police are now investigating to determine whether any connection between Blanks and the Crumities existed prior to the shootings, the news release said.