Red Cross announces July blood drives
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 26, 2013
The American Red Cross is counting on volunteer donors to spark the nation’s blood supply. The need for blood is constant, especially around the summer holidays, when eligible donors have even less time in their busy schedules to give.
As part of the Red Cross Summer of Stories campaign to increase donations when they historically drop, all presenting donors between July 1 and 15 could win one of five $3,000 American Express gift cards. Donors are also encouraged to visit redcrossblood.org/summer to share their summer blood donation stories and watch videos of patients whose lives were touched by donors.
To learn more and make an appointment to donate blood, visit redcrossblood.org or call (336) 413-3311.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
• Monday, Noon to 4:30 p.m. at E.H Dole Red Cross Chapter.
• Wednesday, July 3, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Hefner VA Medical Center.
• Monday, July 08, 2:30 to 7 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
• Tuesday, July 9, 3 to 7:30 p.m. at Cleveland Community.
• Tuesday, July 9, 4 to 8:30 p.m. at High Rock Community Church on Jake Alexandra Boulevard.
• Wednesday, July 10, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
• Sunday, July 14, 1 to 5:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Salisbury.
• Sunday, July 21, 1 to 5:30 p.m. at Millbridge Ruritan.
• Wednesday, July 24, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Salisbury Civic Center.
How to donate blood
Simply call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.