Martin Luther King Jr. Day closings
Published 12:00 am Friday, January 18, 2013
The following agencies and municipalities will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
• Rowan County offices, landfill, recycling center and processing center.
• China Grove town hall; no change in garbage or recycling services.
• Rockwell town hall; no change in garbage or recycling services.
• East Spencer town hall.
• Salisbury city office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and recreation centers but not the Salisbury Civic Center, will be closed Monday. The Salisbury Civic Center will be open for the MLK Day Festival from noon to 4:30 p.m.
Salisbury Solid Waste Division will pick up garbage and recycling on schedule. No limb collection on Monday. Limb collection will take place by Friday.
The City’s Transit Division will not offer public transportation services on Monday between 10:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. during the MLK Day parade.
Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours.
Salisbury Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Monday. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, call 704-638-5339.
The Salisbury Community Park will operate on schedule from 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
• Kannapolis city offices will be closed. There will be no disruption in garbage and recycling collection service. All Kannapolis parks will be open normal winter operating hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Concord Kannapolis Area Transit (CK Rider) will operate on a normal schedule. The Transit Center will be open but customer service will be closed. Visit the CK Rider website for more information.
The following towns will not close their offices for MLK Day: