Local athletes participate in Special Olympics bowling tournament
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 11, 2012
The Special Olympics North Carolina Central Bowling Tournament took place Dec. 2 in Greensboro. There were 25 bowlers from Rowan County who participated.
Members who competed and won in their delegation were as follows:
• Double Impact, Edward Fortune, Jason Mercado.
• Gold Hornets, Daniel Myers, Pierce Ogden
• Gold Warriors, Matt Heilig, Andrew Stirewalt, gold
• King Pins, Kevin Collins, Rashard Smith, Scott Lefler, Randy Ewing, Benji Smith, silver
• TarHeels, David Orbison, Larry Yourn, Ron Kent, Ju’real Hoyle, Derrick Hopkins, gold
• Eric Carr, Joe Griffin, 4th
• Dylan Hamel, gold
• Josh Parker, silver
Team bowlers competed in the triad lanes while doubles and singles bowlers competed at AMF All Star Lanes. The coaches were Renita Ritchie and Nancy Collins. The volunteers were Dusty Collins, Shelby Carrion, Jacklyn Lawrence and Kayla Flinchum.